Sunday, January 17, 2021

Home Quarantine (2)

There is only one opinion in traditional (newspaper, TV) and social media, that is, lock down works and wearing masks saves lives. In the name of keeping everyone safe, we give up our freedom and allow the government turn itself into a police state. The second day of our quarantine, we were visited by 4 police officers at the door. Of course, they cannot set foot into my apartment because that will violate the quarantine rules. They came to be sure that we are home, because my phone carrier shows that my mobile phone signal has transferred from one station to another - I think it is due to the 2 base stations shifting the workload to balance the workload. The change of base stations sets an alert to the police station, and they turned up. I think they really just want to scare you into understanding that you are being watched. Nothing else. I suppose the standard protocol is to visit every newbie in quarantine once so to scare them good and proper. Wow, what's running through my mind is the secret police roaming into people's house and taking away whoever they think should be taken away, no explanation and the family's never going to hear from the missing one. If any country can lock up their country men in the prison violently and aggressively like China has done, sure it is possible to quickly control the spreading. But at what cost? I would rather live in a country without these nonsense and with the possibility of getting COVID-19. The great barrington declaration signed by 50,000+ medical expert, doctors explains the situation clearly - young people should live our lives as normal and the government should protect the vulnerable (nursing home), the virus is not as lethal as the media or politicians want you to believe. Plain and simple, but why this point of view is not being accepted or wildly available in media? Because it doesn't stir up panic and fear, it is bloody too plain and boring. I think I need to work on my scotch/whiskey collection now, it is all too depressing.

No comments: